How do I manually trigger an automation

Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2021

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone could help me with my question. 

I created a manually triggered automation. But I could not find how I could actually run the automation.  I saw some posting that says....

To manually run a rule:

1. On the issue view, navigate to the Automation tools and click Rule executions.

2. Select a rule from the Run a manually triggered rule list, and click Run.

But I could seem to find the Automation tools. I'm using Jira Cloud. 

Can someone please show some screenshot where I could locate where I could run the automation manually?

Regards,

Zaldy

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2021

If you're looking at an issue, it will be on the right hand column, there will be a field called "Automation" and then a lightning bolt and "Rule executions".  If you click on that, it will allow you to run a manual rule.

Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2021

Thanks, Kristin.

For those using the new issue view, the Automation is shown in the attached screenshot.

automation.jpg

Btw, is there a way I could update multiple issues at once through manual automation?

Regards,

Zaldy

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2021

If you have the automation set up to affect multiple issues at once, then just running it on any issue will run the whole automation.  For example if you have a manual execution set to edit all issues that are in open status, then running the manual automation from any issue will edit all the issues in open status.

Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2021

Hi Kristin,

Wonderful. I didn't know that is possible. I'll try it later. Thanks for the suggestion and your prompt replies.

Cheers,

Zaldy

Fanish Dewangan February 21, 2023

Hi Kris, I am trying to update multiple issues to remove a specific watcher. I setup the rule and ran it from a issue but it did not update all the other issues but only that issue.

Any idea why or what i am missing here.

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2023

@Fanish Dewangan  Can you show a screenshot of the Automation that you have set up?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events