How do I manage private filters?

strandloper October 3, 2018

EDIT: Somehow, since posting this I have been able to delete My open issues and rename My open issues v2 to My open issues. But when I select My open issues from the Issues menu it is still the original one that I get. However if I then click My open issues from the FAVOURITE FILTERS section of the list on the left, I get the version with the edited JQL. Looking further at the URLs I note that the one opening from the Issues menu has the key/ID -1 while the other one is 14578. I'm guessing that the negative key is indicative of some kind of system/default filter. I'm surprised that I was seemingly allowed to create a new filter with the same name, but my question still remains; how do I get my version on the Issues menu?

I changed the name of my version to MY ISSUES so there can be no confusion and while it did not show up on the Issues menu, it was on the list when clicking More... from the menu. I removed a number of favourites I no longer need (I've moved team) and lo and behold MY ISSUES now appears on the Issues menu, along with My open issues that is in the first position. I presume that had I not renamed my version I would see two My open issues filters on the Issues list. Anyway, I'm now happy and can access my filter easily from the menu. Hopefully my long winded rambling here will help someone else with a similar problem.

ORIGINAL QUESTION: I created a private filter My open issues but after using it for a while I realised it needed a change, so I edited the JQL. I was not provided a Save option, only Save As, so I saved a copy as My open issues v2. I would like to be able to run this filter from the Issues menu but only the original filter appears there. I have tried the following;

• Deleted My open issues - received no error, page refreshed but the filter was not deleted.
  • Ensured that My open issues v2 is marked as a favourite and that My open issues is not - still see only  My open issues on the  Issues menu.

I don't care whether the original is deleted or not, I simply want to be able to access My open issues v2 from the Issues menu; how do I achieve that?

We have v7.5.1 of Jira and it is not hosted by Atlassian. I am the owner of both filters and they are not shared, yet I seem to be unable to manage them, once created. I'm including a screenshot showing what I see.

jira_screenshot.jpg

0 answers

Suggest an answer