How do I make existing changesets work after importing data from Trac to Jira?

Pradeep Pamidipalli January 26, 2012

I have successfully imported all the tickets from Trac to Jira. We have subversion changesets tracking to all the tickets in Trac.

What can I do to make the existing changesets work as a link to point to subversion changes after importing data to Jira.

Thanks,

Pradeep

2 answers

0 votes
Remi Leblond September 18, 2015

Here's a solution if you want your commit messages to be linked to your JIRA issues (and if you want your JIRA issues to be linked to your commits in bitbucket)

Before pushing your local git repository (coming from your SVN) to bitbucket, run this command:

git filter-branch -f --msg-filter "sed 's/#/XXX-/'" --tag-name-filter cat -- --all

Where XXX is the key of your project.

This will replace all references to a Trac ticket (i.e. See #522) to it's equivalent JIRA issue (XXX-522), provided that you imported the Trac issues into Jira.

All the commits will be linked both ways, just like magic.

0 votes
JolyonKB April 24, 2014

I wrote a PHP script to rewrite the link tags in the trac.db before we imported. Here's a link to the script with user story and references for anyone else who runs into this one:

How I imported a 4 year old legacy trac with multiple subversion repositories and commit hooks to Atlassian JIRA

Suggest an answer