How do I make LDAP configuration to ignore "Active/Inactive" status

Gilad Shtern September 5, 2021

Hi,

How do I make LDAP configuration to ignore "Active/Inactive" status?

Currently, our JIRA user has userAccountControl in which impact on our ability to assign an employee in vacation. So, I'd to know to configure JIRA to "ignore" this LDAP attribute.

Kindly,

Gilad

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2021

Hi @Gilad Shtern

if understood correctly you have an external user directory in place in which users are deactivated. Although they are synced to Jira (marked inactive) you want to use them like they were active users, for example for assigning issues to them.

I do not believe this is possible. Inactive users are handled much different in Jira than active users.

The question here is: did I understand it right the users get deactivated for vacation? Is this correct?

If so, it could be worth having a look into that process to not let them deactivate during a short absence.

Regards,
Daniel

Gilad Shtern September 12, 2021

Hi @Daniel Ebers ,

Yes, I'd like to be able to assign issue to inactive user.

Kindly,

Gilad

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2021

Hi @Gilad Shtern I am not aware of any possibility to do that. Probably not deactivating them in the external directory would be the way to go.

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2021

Hi @Gilad Shtern ,

A Similar question has been posted. Maybe this post will help guide you in the direction you are looking for:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Ignoring-disabled-users-in-LDAP-Active-Directory/qaq-p/451709

-Ben

Gilad Shtern September 8, 2021

Hi @Benjamin

The post you suggest is about NOT display inactive users.

However, I want to be able to select any user whether user is active or inactive.

Kindly,

Gilad 

Suggest an answer