How do I enable full screen editing for the Jira issue editor?

Joe Budzowski November 20, 2020

How do I enable full screen editing for the Jira issue editor?  Jira Server 8.11.1

Joe

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2020

Hi Joe,

just for clarification - which element do you want to see full screen?

Is is the browser window / tab (for example with key F11 in firefox) or some element in Jira?

If it is for the comment, the area can be resized using the mouse or you can try to open the comment box in a new tab.

Is this what you are looking for?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Daniel

Joe Budzowski November 20, 2020

When I edit a ticket, the editor is in a popout lightbox, the area outside the edit box is dimmed.popout editor.jpg

When I create an issue, I can see all the fields on the screen.  When I edit a ticket with a lot of fields, I need to scroll down the lightbox to see the other fields.

Like George Vasilopoulos likes this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2020

Yes, correct. It is designed like this. You can try to open "Edit" in a new windows / new tab.
You have to check for yourself though if this provides a better user experience - most times it don't.

Like Joe Budzowski likes this
Joe Budzowski December 1, 2020

Hi Daniel,

You suggestion to open Edit in a new window/tab worked.  

You are correct, the user experience is not ideal, especially when the browser is in full screen mode.

If I take the window out of full screen and size it down, it works fine.

This provides access to the Jira menu which is not avaiable in the popout editor.

Thanks Daniel!

Joe

0 votes
Berthold Reinle
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 8, 2024

for me, that doesn't help!

Jira consumes so much space for the left (1, = scrum board etc.) and right (2= people and dates) colums that my table in the middle (3) is hard to edit.

It would be beneficial if I could drag colums (1) and (2) smaller (like it is common in other software)!

grafik.png

Suggest an answer