How do I empty the list "Recently visited boards" without deleting the boards?

Anna-Märta Larsson October 14, 2015

How do I empty the list of Resently visited boards in Jira? If I go to the list and choose delete on the boards that appear in the list, the board itself will be deleted - that is not what I want - I only want to empty the list of visited boards.

3 answers

1 vote
Mislav Kos December 8, 2016

It sure would be nice to be able to do that, or perhaps remove individual entries in that list. See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSW-6725 and vote for it if you agree.

1 vote
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2015

Tjenare Anna-Märta,

There is no way of doing this via the graphical user interface but by reverse engineering the database i found it.

This data is stored in the mysql-table userhistoryitem.

Steps:

1. Stop Jira.
  2. To see the RapidViews in your history you simply do:

mysql> select * from userhistoryitem where entitytype='RapidView' and USERNAME='YourUserNameGoesHere';

This will display a list of RapidView's you watched.

Step 3: You can either delete them individually by doing:

mysql> delete from userhistoryitem where ID='Id.From.List.Above';

or delete all by:

delete from userhistoryitem where entitytype='RapidView' and USERNAME='YourUserNameGoesHereAgain';

Finally: Restart JIRA..

Yes, this is a beast of a solution, and yes, i believe this should be a feature, and yes.. This is completely unsupported but i have tested it on a testinstance of JIRA 6.2.1 and it does the trick..

Mvh Jonas

0 votes
LIT A&E Systems February 28, 2020

This is awful, but I found a way. The history list seems to cap out at about 15 (there are only 9 shown, but it saves more). Create 15 junk boards, as you create them they will fill up your history. Then, delete them all. Since your history is full of non-existent boards they won't show up on the list. Now go ahead and go to the boards you actually want on the list.

Suggest an answer