It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I change Greenhopper workflow

Craig Goulden Feb 26, 2013

I want to change the Greenhopper workflow to add transition rules and states, but in JIRA the Greenhopper Simplified Workflow says it is managed by Greenhopper and cannot be changed.

It looks to me that my original JIRA workflow edits (prior to Greenhopper) were taken into account when I enabled Greenhopper, but they are now not editable.

The documentation is vague on Greenhopper workflow editing it is under JIRA documention, and it seems from Greenhopper all bets are off. at least in 6.1.3.1.

Can someone tell me the basic steps to say, change the workflow so the Create Issue action results in a state of Backlog instead of the default To Do?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Feb 26, 2013

You need to swap the project back to using a Jira workflow scheme. It will then stop using the simplified workflow and use the workflows defined by your scheme. You can't change the simplified workflow.

Craig Goulden Mar 03, 2013

Thanks Nic.

Not really the answer I was looking for because it seems Atlassian are pushing for the Greenhopper Simplified Workflow as the standard going forward. I'll revert back to Jira.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to prevent the propagation of unused project schemes, workflows & screens in Jira software

Atlassian ranks project attributes as the third most important factor impacting performance in the category of data. It’s not surprising, since project attributes are precisely the rules used to ma...

1,376 views 1 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you