How do I add filters to Dashboard

Marcus Smith January 4, 2022

I want to have a Dashboard of each of my teammates and the tickets assigned to them. I created Filters for each and set the publicity to Organization.

In Dashboard edit I don't see these Filters as options to add.

Any advice?

3 answers

2 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2022

Jira doesn't support creating an overall filter for the dashboard. Filters are specified in each gadget that you add to the Dashboard. You would have to create dashboards for each person and use the filters in the dashboard gadgets in each dashboard.

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2022

One other option, the way I set things up on a dashboard for my team was to use 'assignee = currentUser()' in my filter queries so that I only need a single dashboard where the content will change based on which user is viewing it.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Yuri Stepanenko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 19, 2024

The following solution works for me:

1. Create personal filterIssues->Search Issues. Then you should enter your JQL Query and use the "Save as" button
    1. Use assignee = currentUser() so it will work for any teammate
    2. Add additional conditions if required. I use and resolution = Unresolved and updated > startOfMonth() 
  2. On the Dashboard add a new gadget Filter results - this gadget lets you list the result of the filter created before 
    1. Select your filter in the Saved Filter
    2. Save the gadget. 

filter.png

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2022

Hi @Marcus Smith  - Did you ever get this solved? 

Suggest an answer