How do I access the Jira administration console?

Caitlin Murphy June 19, 2018

I was supposably given administrative permissions on Jira however, my Jira dashboard looks the same and there is no administration console icon visible anywhere.  Is there something obvious I am missing?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2018

Hi Caitlin,

There is an icon in the bottom left corner above the help icon. Click that and select Site Administration. This is the admin area for the site. If you are a Site Admin you should be able to get to it.  

You can also go into a project and click Settings in the left navigation column; that has the project's settings (for the jira-administrators)

Be careful, though...things you do in there could impact all the projects and users, I suggest you watch some of the YouTube videos for administrating a Jira site, there are some really good ones. 

-Scott

1 vote
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2018

Hi @Caitlin Murphy

If you have given the jira admin rights then you will be able to see the Cog item on the top corner jira header beside to User profile.

cog.png

kyyap July 18, 2019

@Scott Theus
i had receive email that my access as JIRA administrator been approved.
The above screenshot is what i am suppose to login. can u provide the URL for this JIRA administration login?
regards

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2019

There is no separate login or URL for admin functions, rather they are just permissions associated with your user id in the application. The menu items listed under the cog will take you to the administrative functions. 

-Scott

Like # people like this
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2018

Server or cloud?

Server there should be a gear/sprocket in the upper right (unless it has changed)

Cloud click the upper left-most icon and then Settings

Suggest an answer