How can we add columns to the backlog view of a Scrum board

Daniel Deng
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2018

The  Backlog 'view' currently shows columns containing the summary, assignee,  issue number, priority and story points.  I would like to add more custom fields as columns here.

I know that we can add up to 3 fields in Board configuration / Card layout, but the added fields are displayed in an added row (not the same row as the default ones)

So, can we add more columns with presentation as the default columns, and can we add more than 3 additional columns?

1 answer

0 votes
Prakhar Srivastav {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2018

@Daniel Deng

You can add and arrange more fields in the issue detail view so when you click then you can see more details.

You can change the card colors to help your team quickly identify the cards on your board as being of a particular issue type, priority, assignee, or anything you choose.

But the field limit is only 3.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/customizing-cards-764478020.html?_ga=2.72143120.2056532550.1540794332-271938178.1534227463

Regards

Prakhar

Daniel Deng
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2018

Hi Prakhar

Thanks for your reply! As I mentioned, I know that feature, but just need something more

1. More columns displayed as the default columns

2. More than 3

Is it something not supported by Jira? Any plugins can do it?

Like Neelima SV likes this
Terry Benni January 7, 2020

Did you ever figure this out?

Matthias Runte May 7, 2021

Any findings on this matter yet? I am interested as well.

Sylvie Bracke August 31, 2021

I'm interested as well, for eg  adding our Planned Release as a column

Suggest an answer