How can i intergrate jira quickfilter boards to confluence

Ami October 2, 2019

Hi everyone. I have a JIRA board for several teams. The board has quick filters for each team.

On confluence you have the ability to share JIRA data. However I would like to so on confluence it will only show a graph for the specific quick filter/team e.g. all stories for the quick filter "Engineering Team".

Can someone please explain how I can do this? :( I can't figure it out. I can only link to the board.

1 answer

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2019

Hi @Ami

You can customise the filter to visualise data based on the quick filter's JQL - for example:

• Go to Board Configuration / Board Settings (depending on host type)
  • Go to Quick Filters and locate the "Engineering Team" quick filter
  • Copy the JQL 
  • Go into Confluence and on a page, add the macro "Jira" or "Jira Charts"
  • Paste the JQL into the filter box and press Insert

^ This would give you a list - or allow you to create a chart - based on that specific quick filter

If the Quick Filter is not JQL - you can build a filter depending on the type. Happy to assist you building the JQL if you need it :)

Ste

Ami October 5, 2019

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_firstly - thank you so much for answering.

Secondly, your answer was super helpful. I managed to get the charts to work on confluence :) It is very kind of you to extend your offer to help with building the JQL. 

With kind regards,
Amina

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2019

Thanks Amina - any time :)

If this answer helped, hit the "Accept Answer" button so other users know this is the method to use!

Ste

Suggest an answer