How can I set reminder before Due date for my tasks?

Hanif Khan March 10, 2021

I want to connect Due date to my existing Outlook Calender with a reminder functionality.

Or with MS teams Calender with reminder as a Notification.

1 answer

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2021

Hello Hanif,

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, I understand you would like to include your Jira issues in your Outlook calendar, adding them to their respective due dates. Is that correct?

Although we don't have an inbuilt integration that provides this ability, you'll definitely find plugins from third-partners that provide you with this possibility as Outlook meetings for Jira.

Alternatively, you can use Jira automation to send an email notification when the due date of an issue is reached. These would be the steps:

1. Navigate to your project > Project settings > Automation
  2. Click to create a new rule, configuring it with a daily run verifying all the issues which have reached their due date (Using a JQL query) and sending a notification to the users you want, as in the example below:
    Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 18.32.11.png
  3. Optionally, you can create a filter using that same JQL query and add it in the email body, so you/your team can check which issues the notification is related to

You can check the documentation below for more details about Jira automation:

Jira Automation 

Let us know if this information helps.

HuyNN November 15, 2021

image is too blurry. I can't see the picture

Anthony Engel November 19, 2021

@HuyNN , click on the image to enlarge. =)

Like # people like this
Deleted user March 23, 2022

It is a bit late but I wanted to thank you for this one. It worked. I just need to add two things:

1. Add an if condition for excluding already completed issues. Otherwise you will see errors in logs.Jira 2.PNG

2. Uncheck "Only include issues that have changed..." just not to miss a thing. Just because you tested it once, next time your issue would be skipped.

Jira 1.PNG

Like Hanif Khan likes this
Hanif Khan March 23, 2022

hi Zafer, can you help me with little elaborated explanation :/ 

Deleted user March 23, 2022

I just implemented @Petter Gonçalves 's solution. But I have to do the two things I mentioned. I added nothing important.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events