How can I move stories from a previous sprint automatically on the top from the next sprint?

giulia.iannone January 8, 2020

Hy All 

When i close mi sprint I can choose if I want to I have them in the next sprint or not. If I choose that the stories are moved into the next sprint unfortunately the stories are showed random in the next sprint backlog. Do you know a possibility or a function that sets the remaining stories at the top of the next sprint backlog automatically? 

Thank you for your help!

Giulia

1 answer

0 votes
Andrej Freeze greenique
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2020

Hello @giulia.iannone 

the position of your tickets in the backlog should be based on their rank. The rank is a global attribute that holds a unique value for each issue. The fact that other issues are ranked higher at the end of your sprint means, that the priorities were changed by some people.

By default, if you were to take the highest ranked issues and started a sprint, they would return at the highest position of your sprint backlog at the end. Such an automation would cause quite a ruckus to people who try to plan their backlogs. I'm sorry for the disappointing answer, but you should not do this.

You can create a card color to highlight all issues that have been in a sprint before, to make sure you are not missing any of them, or a quick filter.

Cheers,

Andrej

giulia.iannone January 11, 2020

Thank you very much for your information. That helps! I will test it with Colours. Greetings!

Suggest an answer