You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
I need to show which Epics the team have worked on over the quarter and a ratio across them.
I've written a filter to show issues closed during last quarter:
project in (ProjectX) AND issuetype in (story, bug, spike, task, analysis) AND status changed to (Resolved, Done) before "2022/01/01" after "2021/09/30"
The epics in this project have the story points calculated using automation.
So I have the time period, I have the points in the Epics, now I just need to show the breakdown. Eg: We completed 40 points in Epic-123 and 20 points in Epic-456.
I created a dashboard and the standard Pie Chart would be perfect... except that shows issues, not points. The Workload Pie would also work if they had Story Points in 'Time field to report on'.
Any other ways to do it?
If I understand this correctly you need to show points against each Epics in dashboard gadget ?
Few questions ? This is custom field you have created and updating via automation ? or "Story points" field.
You can try "Filter Results" Gadget which display the epics along with that field in the column option.
Any standard gadgets/ jql to show storypoints by status in an Epic?
I was able to get no. of tickets by status in an Epic, using the Two-Dim Filter Stat gadget, but not storypoints.
Not looking for add-ons but something available in default factory installation of JIRA.
If you would be interested in a third party add-on, to roll-up time estimates and story points at each parent level, you can try out our app
The app provides the following features.
1) Links/Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps Hierarchy :- View/Manage roll up of time estimates for hierarchy (up to 10 levels), based on your Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps/Issue Links parent child relationship.
2) Epic Hierarchy :- View/Manage roll up of time estimates for standard Jira hierarchy. Epic -> User Story -> Subtask
3) Time in Status :- More than 7 types of Time in Status reports to track your issues.
4) Worklogs Report :- Track time spent by resources with multiple filters / category / grouping features
5) Timesheet :- View/Enter your time spent for multiple days