• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • How can I determine how much data is being used by my Confluence and Jira instances (server version) so that I can determine if I am under the 25GB limit that would allow me to move to the Atlassian Cloud?

How can I determine how much data is being used by my Confluence and Jira instances (server version) so that I can determine if I am under the 25GB limit that would allow me to move to the Atlassian Cloud?

John Lee March 21, 2015

3 answers

0 votes
Maren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2019

Hi there,

Just wanted to post a quick update on this topic for anyone coming across it. Atlassian's cloud sites can now support up to 10,000 users and unlimited data (depending on your choice of plan). We've also updated our cloud applications so that you can track how much storage you're using without needing to contact support. 

For the latest information, and instructions on how to view your storage usage in cloud, check out our cloud storage policy.

I hope this helps, and please don't hesitate to reach out with any further questions!

Best,
Maren

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2015

Short answer is to check with Atlassian support. They'll ask you what Nic said 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2015

Data is stored in three places in each application, just add up the total size of:

• The application installation directory (this won't change size much)
  • The "home" directory (mostly the attachments, index and log files will grow these)
  • The database.  The way you determine this depends mainly on your database - it's easy when you on;y have one system in the database - you look at the data directory size.  But if you have many, it could get complex extracting the size of one set of data.  It's also a bit hard if you're using a different database to Atlassian, as the sizes are probably not going to be a perfect match.  But it should give you a ballpark number.

The most important factor in this is going to be your attachments though. 

Suggest an answer