How can I create a workflow with two projects

Yoav Friedman January 12, 2021

How can I create a workflow with two projects

2 answers

3 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

Are you asking how to use a workflow across projects? If so, and you are using Classic, then you simply need to associate the desired WF in both projects. Go to project settings > workflows > add workflow > existing workflow. Then associate desired issue types to the workflow. In NG workflows cannot be shared across projects. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2021

what does "move from two different workflows" mean? issues do not move between workflows. you can Move an issue from one issuetype to another where the underlying workflows are different.

1 vote
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2021

In Jira.

In Jira Project ,We have workflows for each and every issue type.

Each each type may use individual workflow, or a workflow can be used with multiple issue types.

All project related workflows are associated with issue types by using Workflow Scheme.

image.png

"Software Simplified Workflow for Project JSP" --> this workflow is associated with all issue types.

Workflows and Issue types joined by using Workflow Scheme "JSP: Software Simplified Workflow Scheme"

You can create another workflow scheme for second project

use the workflow from first associated with issue type.

Then add the Work Flow Scheme to Second Project.

Open Second Project --> Project Settings --> Workflows --> Switch Scheme --> add new workflow scheme name 

Yoav Friedman January 14, 2021

I did not understand your answer.
How can I configure a specific issue to move from two different workflows

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2021

You do not. 

Workflows do not contain issues.  Workflows are the technical definition of the steps (status) that an issue may go through during its lifecycle.

Projects contain issues, and workflows are independent configuration items that exist independently of projects (you then confugre projects and issue types to use the ones you select from the global list of workflows)

The project and issue type determine which workflow an issue is going to follow, so you can have things like "In project ABC, bugs follow the workflow called Bug-ABC, but bugs in other projects, they follow workflow called Bug-general"

What @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH has described is the administrative actions needed to set up a workflow and have two (classic) projects use it.

So, I think we need to ask you to clarify what you are trying to do.

What are you asking of the issue?  What is its lifecycle, and why do you think you want to "move from two different workflows"?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events