How can I add dependencies in between tickets?

MHS QA Team December 28, 2021

I want to add dependencies in between tickets. So that assignee can't move it until dependent ticket get resolved.

I got answer from : https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapsserver0329/adding-dependencies-to-issues-1021219033.html

but from where I can find 'Plan'

Plan.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2021

Hi @MHS QA Team

the link you've added is from the Advanced Roadmaps for Jira Server/Data Center, so it's most likely not applicable to you.

I understand that you first of all want to add dependencies between some issues. You can do so using issue links. You can access these from the issue view as described in the linked help article. You can also add new issue link types in order to express the dependency you want to express.

After defining the dependencies, you now want to control that your users are not able to update the status before the dependent tickets have been resolved, right? You can control which workflow/status actions are available to users based on workflow conditions. With these conditions, you can control the circumstances when this action is available. However, out of the box, I don't know of a way how this is possible with issue links.
But there are plenty of apps in the Atlassian Marketplace which are there to help, e.g. here's how to do it with JMWE or here's an article for the Jira Workflow Toolbox.

I hope that helps,
Matthias.

Thanks @Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ I will check.

Its really helpful.. Thanks!!!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders