Hot to set/create component based notifiction scheme?

Sanjiv Kumar January 29, 2013

I have a project which has multip subprojects. Each sub-projects are handles by different team/groups.

I want to setup one single project because all these subproject share the same workflows, field, screens etc.

However, I have a requirement to define different notification scheme to each sub-project meaning people of group1 see notification to issues which are only related to sub-proj1 (not any other sub-proj2).

Thanks in advance!

3 answers

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013
0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013

You could define different groups for your subprojects, than add a Group picker field to your screens and select the corresponding group for each issue. Finally set up your notification scheme to send mails on whatever event to the members of the group within this field.

Would that help?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2013

Notification schemes are done at a project level, not component.

You can do it, but you'll need some code -(without code, the answer is "split the projects up). You'll need to change the notification scheme so that it doesn't send mail on the events you want to behave differently and then find or write a listener that will capture those events, scan the issue to work out where to send the mail and send it.

Suggest an answer