Git after Redmine migration

julian bankston September 6, 2012

I have migrated our projects and issues from Redmine successfully. I am now trying to get the Git Version Control Viewer to recognize our commits. The issue numbers changed from Redmine during the CSV import. Any help in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks.

this is what i see in the log file.

org.eclipse.jgit.errors.NoRemoteRepositoryException: ssh://xx@xx.xxxx.com:2/xxx/.git: ERROR:gitosis.serve.main:Arguments to command look dangerous

2 answers

0 votes
Pawel Niewiadomski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

Git's such a wonderful tool that let's you rewrite each commit even after it's done. So knowing new JIRA issue keys you can replace your whole git commit history and replace each Redmine key with it's JIRA counterpart.

There's a simple intro to this at http://mm0hai.net/blog/2011/03/10/rewriting-git-commit-message-history.html

You'll have to dig deeper and test to fit your needs.

Search for git rewriting history or filter-branch --msg-filter

0 votes
julian bankston September 11, 2012

New commits now show up but I am still looking to migrate the old commits from Redmine to Jira. Thanks in advanced.

Suggest an answer