Getting Jira Project Lead emailAddress using JIRA API (/api/2/project/{projectKey})

Tadas Butkevičius May 26, 2021

Hey, looking for most efficient way to get project info together with project lead email address in one call. By default lead emailAddress is not present on response of /api/2/project/{projectKey}.

The goal is to get a list of projects info that also includes project lead emailAddress.

Ideally something like /api/2/project/projectKey1,projectKey2. (but there is not such way afaik)

any ideas? Thanks.

1 answer

1 vote
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

Could you try..

/rest/api/2/project?expand=lead

Tadas Butkevičius May 27, 2021

Thanks for reply, yes i have tried expand parameters, as i mentioned emailAddress is not there.

"lead": {
"self": "url",
"key": "username",
"name": "username",
"avatarUrls": {
"48x48": "url",
"24x24": "url",
"16x16": "url",
"32x32": "url"
},
"displayName": "User Name",
"active": true
}
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

Maybe it is related to Jira settings?

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-61565

In general I think showing email over API might be a problem and that is why Atlassian decided to hide this information where it can be hidden especially now on Cloud API that is public.

Suggest an answer