Fields remain hidden in all workflow transitions

Khushbu Jowaheer April 1, 2018

Hello all,

I have a custom field Issue Resolution() on my Create Issue screen and I want to hide this field for a specific group only on the Create Issue screen. I have been using behaviour to do that. I have added these two conditions: 1. User is in specific group= Group Name , 2. Workflow action= Create. When I log in as a user in that specific group, I do not see the Issue Resolution field.

But the issue is that the field remains hidden for all workflow transitions, it does not take the condition: workflow action=Create

Can you help me in this?

Thanks,

Khushbu

1 answer

0 votes
Knut Arne Ristebråten
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2018

Hi,

You might need a script here for easiest solution. I don't have that at hand sorry.

But your condition 2 (workflow action = create) hides the field from everyone, not only the wanted group.

How about you add your condition 1 for WHEN (user in group), and add EXCEPT conditions for when you want the field to be visible to that group? For example in the workflow steps/actions.

Sorry again for not having the script at hand, maybe someone else can help you with the groovy script.

Khushbu Jowaheer April 4, 2018

Hi,

Thanks for the answer, I did make it work. I've tried to add the condition 1 for WHEN and the condition 2 for EXCEPT.

The script was not needed this time.

Thanks,

Khushbu

Suggest an answer