Export more than 1000 issues to Excel

Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2020

Hi all,

I followed the instructions in: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/filter-export-only-contains-1000-issues-in-jira-server-191500982.html

But I got a couple of questions:

In the instructions....

1. Go to: Administration > System > Advanced Settings
  2. Find jira.search.views.default.max and jira.search.views.max.limit
  3. Change the values as desired, and click update.

I can't seem to find jira.search.views.default.max and jira.search.views.max.limit items from Systems > Advanced Settings.

Also, when I tried the suggestion of updating the tempMax parameter in the copied URL; e.g. from 1000 to 2000, I got a Forbidden (403) error. 

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

6 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2020

Might I suggest forgetting this old method in favor of using the free excel extension - jira-cloud-for-excel-official

Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2020

Thanks, @Jack Brickey .

I got this add-in. But the problem is... in our organisation the installation of this needs IT Support ticket; i.e., it needs administrator user privileges to do this. That makes other users shy away from this.

Anyway, I guess I'll schedule the extract using the add-in and dump the extract file to a shared directory.

Thanks again.

1 vote
David Perez Martorell October 14, 2022

One app more to install? Why?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2022

Hi @David Perez Martorell ,

you don't need to install another app into your Atlassian instance. RatherJira-cloud-for-excel-official is an extension that you add to either XL or Google sheets. Once you have that extension in place you can use it to run any query and pull as many issues as you wish.

Like Vlad likes this
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2022

Alternatively, if you're keen on using the Atlassian API, you could download an export of all issues within the specified project or any project into a single CSV file (see this article I wrote which shows you how to do so via API).

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2021

Another app that can export any number of issues without any configuration (within a 10 minute long time window) and offers a lot more functionality is our Better Excel Exporter.

It has been very popular on Server and Data Center and we just released it for Jira Cloud. If work regularly with spreadsheets, it is definitely worth a try.

(Disclaimer: It is a paid and supported app maintained by my team.)

4-issue-list.png

Michael Fellinger
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 25, 2022

Hi Aron,

I have tried it with Jira 7.1 but its still limited to 1000 items

How can I solve it?

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2022

@Michael Fellinger have you noticed that the question is for Jira Cloud? Your comment is not relevant here.

But for Better Excel Exporter for Jira Data Center, see this article.

1 vote
Taiwo Ojo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 17, 2020

For Cloud users, you can use the Single Project Migrator (SProj) from the marketplace, to extract more than 1000 Results into csv. Better still you can do it in a few clicks.
Pros:
You get all issues
You get subtasks
You get comments
and if needed you also get Attachments too

Con:
Only covers project scope

1 vote
Italo Qualisoni [e-Core]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2020

Hi,

This knowledge base if for JIRA Server only, looking your question tag you use JIRA Cloud and therefore your should check this Export Over 1000 Results to Excel from JIRA Cloud kb instead  

Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2020

Hi @Italo Qualisoni [e-Core] ,

Thanks for the suggestion for Cloud users. However, the option will take several downloads and manipulation of URL param. I was hoping I could download >1000 records in one go without using any 3rd party add-in (e.g., Exporter).

Regards,

Italo Qualisoni [e-Core]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 22, 2020

You can see @Jack Brickey comment, where he suggest the use of an of an app that allow export to excel 

Like Zaldy Parian likes this
0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 22, 2020

Hi @Zaldy Parian 

You can also use API to get more than 1k Issues, although it would export it out with all fields in separate files of 1K each as that's the limit. however using the app would export everything at one go but i'm not certain if comment fields are exported with that.

Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 22, 2020

@Prince Nyeche  - thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely keep this in my back pocket for future use.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events