Enforce mandatory field in a pop-up screen transtion, only when the filed is not set

Cristina Baciu May 17, 2021

Hello, 

i have the following challange:

-> the Story/Task  can be set to in progress only if it is assigneed. 

Checking the field Assignee (via validators) works and makes sure the filed is set. 

Now comes the challange: when the field "Assignee" is not set, a pop-up screen should appear and let the user to set the Assignee. In case the Assignee field is set, the pop-up screen is not shown.

How can this be achieved?

Thank you in advance for your support

Cristina 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2021

Hi @Cristina Baciu  Transition Screen always appers, whether the field is filled or not. It will not let the transition proceed if it is left empty.

If you really need this to implement, then create two transition from Source to Destination status. On One transition put Condition that only shows screen when Assignee field is empty and second transition with no screen when Assignee field is not empty. 

Thanks

Hi @Vikrant Yadav 

in case i need to create 2 transitions, may i use same name for them?

Thanks

Cristina

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2021

No, you can't give same name of two transition coming from source. You can keep slight change in the name of the tranistion. Like If one transition name is Approved , for second  tranisition you can keep it Approve. One with Condition one without. Only One will be visible to user.

Thanks

Yeap, it is like that!

i will give it a try right away.

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2021

Cool! let me for any further concern. 

Thanks

Cristina Baciu June 11, 2021

we decided for an easier solution ( not 2 transition) -  the screen will show up always.

The configuration gets very complicated having two transitions.

Like Vikrant Yadav likes this

Suggest an answer