Enable attachment and sub-tasks creation when status is not editable

Petra Maťková July 11, 2018

Hi,

we're using JIRA 7.8.1. and currently I'm struggling with field security. I set-up on every workflow status property 'jira.issue.editable' = 'false' in order to restrict edit permission for more users.  Users can change the field values in transition.

However I'm not able to add attachment or create sub-task while status is not  editable....could you please advise some workaround?

Thanks!

Petra

3 answers

0 votes
Tanya B. February 21, 2020

We have the same issue when we want to lock a ticket for edit changes at a specific status.  At that point we are no longer able to add links are sub-tasks.  I can understand the sub-tasks, but links are critical for plugins like Xray.  

0 votes
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2018

Yes. We have also observed the same issue. When we add  'jira.issue.editable' = 'false' property, attachment, Assign , Create sub-task operations are getting disappeared. 

We are not able add the attachment by transition also ('jira.issue.editable' = 'false'  is in the destination status). But we can change assignee using transition.

Alternatively you can use below property. 

key: jira.permission.edit.group

value: none (or just another text - not matching any group).

Refer below link for more details.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/No-longer-able-to-attach-files-on-closed-issues-in-6-4/qaq-p/8293

0 votes
Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2018

Hi Petra,

Edit permission is not the same as add attachment permission or add comment permission. Check your permission scheme.

Also, why don't you have your permission scheme with the edit permission empty instead of using that property in every status?

Suggest an answer