Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty sprints in plan (Portfolio)

Emir.Ipekci
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 28, 2020

I have built a roadmap in plan view (portfolio) which consists of several teams.

I have manually allocated teams to the various epics and manually placed the tickets in future sprints to avoid auto forecast in delivery planning. 

I have also defined a few versions with certain dates.

Some dependencies are defined but a lot of the epics are not dependent on anything.

The problem I see is that one of the teams has one empty sprint in the middle of their workplan, just next to active sprint. 

Tried to change the sequence of the sprints or remove the dependencies but the couldn't fix it.

Any idea on how to resolve this? 

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2020

Hello @Emir.Ipekci ,

I would be happy to take a closer look and I have a few questions about the setup. 

You noted that you had:

"manually placed the tickets in future sprints to avoid auto forecast in delivery planning"

And that you also have:

"one of the teams has one empty sprint in the middle of their workplan, just next to active sprint" 

From this explanation, it sounds like the sprint may have been created and no issues were ever manually added to it, or the issues that were in the sprint have been moved to another sprint in planning, with an additional possibility of the sprint being closed with no issues present.  

The question I have is, is this sprint just empty and unplanned that you want to remove the sprint, or are you trying to schedule issues into this sprint and expecting to have the sprint populated with issues?

If you want to remove the empty sprint check out the Documentation "Delete a sprint".

If you need to get issues added to the sprint as you have the issues added manually check out "Assigning issues to sprints", to get issues added to the empty sprint, and if the sprint is empty and completed you would want to look at "Reopen a sprint" first as you cannot add issues to a closed sprint, only an active or future sprint.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events