ERROR : org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException

Jose Febus August 2, 2011

Hi!

I am getting this error when creating a new issue. This is a new 4.4 installation.

Invocation of method 'format' in class com.atlassian.jira.datetime.DateTimeFormatterImpl threw exception class java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException : String index out of range: -1 at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.execute(ASTMethod.java:251) at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.execute(ASTReference.java:175) at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.render(ASTReference.java:220) at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.java:230) at org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.VelocimacroProxy.render(VelocimacroProxy.java:171) at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTDirective.render(ASTDirective.java:114) at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.java:230) at org.apache.velocity.Template.merge(Template.java:256) at org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.mergeTemplate(VelocityEngine.java:422) at com.atlassian.velocity.DefaultVelocityManager.getEncodedBody(DefaultVelocityManager.java:77) at com.atlassian.velocity.DefaultVelocityManager.getEncodedBody(DefaultVelocityManager.java:61) at com.atlassian.velocity.DefaultVelocityManager.getEncodedBody(DefaultVelocityManager.java:56) at com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.AbstractOrderableField.renderTemplate(AbstractOrderableField.java:180) at com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.DueDateSystemField.getEditHtml(DueDateSystemField.java:94) at

1 answer

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2011
There's really not enough information to tell. You probably should just log a support ticket with atlassian, although being 4.4 not sure if you can. Have you installed any plugins? Of so, one of these could be causing issues. Other issues may be workflow functions that you have added or something. As I said, not enough information with just that stack trace.
Penny Wyatt (On Leave to July 2021)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2011

JIRA 4.4 is now live, so definitely raise a support ticket.

Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2011

Wow ! Awesome, I have had my head stuck in the sand for the past few days working :) Good work all

Suggest an answer