Does anyone has a recommendation for a Jira tool to create test plan?

miguel.valle May 5, 2021

We are using Jira Cloud. Now we would like to add a Jira tool to create test plan to migrate from testlink to this tool. 

You would be better to have some options to take the best.

5 answers

5 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Sebastian Brudziński
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 5, 2021

Hello @miguel.valle 

I can recommend our QAlity Plus - Test Management for Jira. It allows you to create test cases, test plans, allows reporting, reporting and linking defects to executed tests and more.

Alternatively, you can also try QAlity - Test Management for Jira that is free of charge. You can view a comparison of those two to see if it's sufficient for you.

Best regards,
Sebastian

miguel.valle May 5, 2021

@Sebastian Brudziński Thanks to share this info. I will check these options.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jarosław Solecki _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 6, 2021

@miguel.valle 

I think that you also might be interested in those two positions:

• TestFLO if you need a lot of flexibility to customise your process would be a good option.
  • Requirements and Test Management for Jira also introduce the requirements module and it is a very intuitive app so you won't struggle with configuration.
miguel.valle May 7, 2021

@Jarosław Solecki _Deviniti_ For TestFLO, how can I add it to Jira cloud? when I search for this app in the Jira's APPs it cannot find it. I think this is a good option to migrate from Testlink.

Jarosław Solecki _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
May 7, 2021

@miguel.valle Sorry I didn't notice that you are using Jira Cloud. TestFLO is unfortunately available only for Server and DC.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Noopur Varshney _AIO Tests_
Marketplace Partner
May 5, 2021

Hi @miguel.valle ,

You can give AIO Tests - Test Management for Jira also a try. 

We are one of the few test management tools that do not treat test entities like cases, executions, cycles, runs, etc. as Jira issues. This approach helps us provide a more seamless and intuitive way of test management.

Key features of the app are

• easy creation and import of test cases
  • linking to Requirements (Jira stories)
  • organizing in Folders and Sets
  • efficient execution with analytical view of multiple test executions
  • easy recording of run defects and artifacts
  • inbuilt traceability and execution reports with an ability to save reports
  • integration with Cucumber, TestNG and JUnit

Here is a link to our documentation -

https://aioreports.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ATDoc/overview

If you would like a demo, you can book it at your convenience by clicking here or you can reach out to us via our support portal.

Regards,
AIO Tests Support

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

@miguel.valle

The other option is Zephyr: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1014681/zephyr-squad-test-management-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview  

Both Xray and Zephyr are great tools, but I would recommend Xray.  Differences: https://www.getxray.app/xray-vs-zephyr/

miguel.valle May 5, 2021

@Fabian Lim Thanks to share this info. It helps me a lot.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Bowskill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2021

Hi @miguel.valle welcome

I use Xray Test Management for test cases, and really get on well with it. Likewise for others in my team. I'd recommend including this in the list of tools you explore :)

miguel.valle May 5, 2021

Thank you for this info @Thomas Bowskill 

Suggest an answer