Does Atlassian offer any kind of test scripts or guidance on how to perform functional (not performance) tests against JIRA?

Luis Zamora January 9, 2013

When I as administrator install JIRA, I subsequently have to rely on knowledgeable users to verify that the upgrade is successful. Do you have scripts we can run or guidance on how to test JIRA's functionality following an in-place upgrade?

I've seen the docs talking about verifying database integrity and checking connections to mail servers and such. That is not what I'm talking about.

It would be ideal if there were a script that would create issues and transition them through their workflows, for example, to verify that project workflows and issue type mappings are intact.

Surely, someone has asked for or developed such tests?

Thank you for your time and consideration!

-Luis

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Luis Zamora January 15, 2013

The answer is, No. You can write your own tests with tools like GINT or Selenium.

1 vote
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013

GINT - Groovy Integration Test Framework can be used to write a JIRA test script. However, I don't have a good JIRA example at the moment.

0 votes
Luis Zamora January 15, 2013

Atlassian responded to my support ticket as follows:

Yes, customers have asked about this in the past. But as it turns out, as of today we don't have a set of scripts to test upgrades like that.

What we recommend is setting up a staging instance and test things manually.

I am not sure if that could help, but there is a book that mentions some upgrade tests on it's summary: Practical JIRA Administration (http://my.safaribooksonline.com/book/databases-and-reporting-tools/9781449309701).

Suggest an answer