DoD CAC digital signature

Tina Lavato August 4, 2020

Hello,

We are a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) organization using Atlassian (JIRA & Confluence).  The DoD uses what's called PKI digital signature that utilizes a certificate on a smart card (called CAC for short).  What we'd like to do is use that capability to sign PDFs within a JIRA workflow so as to eliminate the requirement to download the PDF, sign it, and upload it again to JIRA.   We have not been able to find any plugin for this in the marketplace but I thought I'd post here to see if anyone knows of one.

Thank you,

tll

2 answers

0 votes
Esabel Gomez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 24, 2024

@Sam Dennon - Did you ever find a solution to get the signature without Adobe ColdFusion?

0 votes
Sam Dennon December 1, 2020

Tina,

We have the same use case. We found that we could use the JSIncluder plugin (free) to call a script on our Adobe ColdFusion application server (expensive). The ColdFusion script signs the PDF (using the <cfpdf> tag) and then calls the JIRA api to upload the signed file to the issue. 

We are actively looking for a solution that removes the ColdFusion server (a nodeJS application would be ideal), but have not had any luck yet.

V/R,

//Sam

Esabel Gomez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 24, 2024

- Did you ever find a solution to get the signature without Adobe ColdFusion?

Suggest an answer