Do you also have issues with new versions and screenshots?

Guillermo Balmaceda February 18, 2019

Hi all,

We are having issues when copying and pasting emails as comments. Specifically, the screenshots that are copied from the email fail to copy and because of this, the comment fails to post.

This wasn't happening in the old version.

Do you have any solution for this? As we don't want to go to the old version our workaround is to manually delete the screenshots.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2019

Hi Guillermo and welcome to Atlassian Community!

Just for further clarification, can you please let us know all the steps you are following?
I'm asking because I tried to replicate here using the old view but it didn't show the images, only its names.
Are you facing this issue when pasting this email on Issues and filters > Search issues or when you open the ticket directly in the project?
If possible, send us a screenshot of how it looks on the new view and old view, then we can try to use the same email style to paste on the tickets.

Regards,
Angélica

Guillermo Balmaceda February 20, 2019

Hi Angelica,

I start from a dashboard that has multiple filters in different windows.

I select the Jira ticket from one of these windows and I add a comment. Basically I copy/past the entire email that includes images.

In the old view, the images were not copied and I was able to post the comment.

In the new view, the image fails to be copied and the comment fails to post.

Please see attached documents, let me know if you need a quick vc.

Thanks,

Guillermo

Jira Old.jpgJira New.jpgJira New 2.jpgJira New 3.jpg

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2019
Hi Guillermo,
Thank you for the details.
I was able to replicate the error on my test environment and opened a bug for our dev team to check and fix the issue in a future release:
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the bug.
Regards,
Angélica
Guillermo Balmaceda February 25, 2019

Great, thank you!

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
February 26, 2019

You are always welcome Guillermo!
Have a great day!

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer