Do we have password policy feature in JIRA OnDemand to setup the password complexity?

Gary Chiang February 12, 2014

Do we have password policy feature in JIRA OnDemand to setup the password complexity?

I saw it on JIRA download version, but not in JIRA OnDemand.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2014

Some instances have the Password Policy disabled with the roll out of the new User Management.

Feel free to vote, watch and leave your comments on this request

1 vote
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2014

Hi Gary,

You can find it under User Management section at https://your-instance/secure/admin/EditPasswordPolicy!default.jspa

Here is the documentation on Password Policy

Cheers

Gary Chiang February 12, 2014

Thank you!

I can see that page based on your suggested URL.

Why this feature is not exposed and showing at the left of the UI like the Download version?

Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
February 13, 2014

I've been informed that although the Password Policy options are there when accessing them by the URL, they won't work in your case because the new User Management has been rolled out on your instance. Please watch this request for further updates on the matter.

Suggest an answer