Displaying Kanban board quick filters as a single view

Kamil Siddiqui August 30, 2017

I'd like to create a custom Kanban board that is divided by teams. There doesn't seem be any functionality to allow for a single ticket to appear in multiple team swim lanes.

Currently I am displaying the teams by quick filters and setting the status on tickets for it display across multiple teams. Although this option works, it limits the full view of the Kanban on a single page. 

Is there any functionality to allow for quick filters to display all at once as a single view or If anyone knows how to display a ticket in multiple team swimlanes?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Prem Chudzinski _extensi_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 30, 2017

Hi @Kamil Siddiqui

"Is there any functionality to allow for quick filters to display all at once as a single view"

Quick Filters reduce the number of tickets by hiding the one excluded by the query - no way to change the way you display swimlanes

"If anyone knows how to display a ticket in multiple team swimlanes"

That is not possible - a ticket can be displayed only once on a board. You can create separate boards per team.

You can assign a jira ticket only to one assignee so its not possible to have it assigned to a group.

What is you actually want to solve?

To see which teams should be looking at a ticket?

You can use custom labels and set the card layout to display it.

But the swimlanes won't be valid anymore if they are "group label" based. The first swimlane which will match the JQL criteria will display the card.

Try out our plugin Agile Board Filter and create complex filters and use a no-swimlane view for your scenario.

Thanks for your prompt reply and answers!

What we're trying to do is essentially display and visualize how much work there is across each team within the program in a single view. This is why we want to categorize the board with "team" swimlanes. There are scenarios where we will have tickets that will fall under multiple teams and we would like to display it all in a single aggregated view.

Is it possible to have this specific view?

Prem Chudzinski _extensi_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 30, 2017

I don't think you can use boards to do that.

I'd look at the dashboard and create some kind of aggregated view using a two dimensional gadget or generate some graphs.

Maybe the Portfolio plugin will be able to do what you want.

Hi @Prem Chudzinski _extensi_

Thanks again for your response.

It seems that it may not be possible. Thanks for your suggestions, I will definitely look into it.

Is there any functionality to display/view mutliple boards stacked on top of each other?

Suggest an answer