Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Dashboard and Showing a Total Sum for a Custom Field

We have a Number field listed on all cards of a specific card type.

When an issue / card is created such field is populated with a number representing how many issues that specific card will address once resolved.  Example - instead of creating 50 cards in JIRA for essentially the same issue impacting different assets, we create one and then populate the cards field with the number 50 so we can track how many actual issues that one card is addressing / resolving.

I need the ability to show on my dashboard and/or report what the total aggregate sum / count is for that field for all open issues / cards.

It would be even more helpful if I could have that count calculated and reflected in a dashboard and/or report segregated by another field type (e.g., show the total sum from that Number field but only for card also having a another field type of "x", etc, etc.

Is this possible?

3 answers

0 votes
John Funk Community Leader Jul 25, 2022

Hi @Adam V_  - Did you get this solved?

Hi @John Funk , I hope all is well!  Thank you for reaching out to assist.  Yes, I was able to figure this out with some guidance from the community.  

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes

Welcome to the community, @Adam V_ .

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

You can sum up any Jira number field with our Jira cloud app Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards.

On the screenshot below you can see two examples about how you can sum up a custom number field with the statistics gadgets "Quick Issue Statistics" and "Quick Two Dimensional Filter Statistics".

Of course you can configure for which field you want to create the statistic (assignee, epic link, issue type, ...).

quick-filters-jira-dashboards_sum-up-custom-number-fields.png

If you have questions about Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards, don't hesitate to contact our support.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events