Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Dashboard and Showing a Total Sum for a Custom Field

Adam V_ I'm New Here Dec 09, 2021

We have a Number field listed on all cards of a specific card type.

When an issue / card is created such field is populated with a number representing how many issues that specific card will address once resolved.  Example - instead of creating 50 cards in JIRA for essentially the same issue impacting different assets, we create one and then populate the cards field with the number 50 so we can track how many actual issues that one card is addressing / resolving.

I need the ability to show on my dashboard and/or report what the total aggregate sum / count is for that field for all open issues / cards.

It would be even more helpful if I could have that count calculated and reflected in a dashboard and/or report segregated by another field type (e.g., show the total sum from that Number field but only for card also having a another field type of "x", etc, etc.

Is this possible?

2 answers

0 votes

Welcome to the community, @Adam V_ .

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

You can sum up any Jira number field with our Jira cloud app Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards.

On the screenshot below you can see two examples about how you can sum up a custom number field with the statistics gadgets "Quick Issue Statistics" and "Quick Two Dimensional Filter Statistics".

Of course you can configure for which field you want to create the statistic (assignee, epic link, issue type, ...).

quick-filters-jira-dashboards_sum-up-custom-number-fields.png

If you have questions about Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards, don't hesitate to contact our support.

Adam V_ I'm New Here Dec 10, 2021

@Trudy Claspill thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Do you use Jira Cloud with Microsoft Teams?

Hi, Jira users! Do you use Jira alongside Microsoft Teams? We want to hear how you’ve used the power of Jira Cloud and Microsoft Teams (via the Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams app) to achieve a team...

346 views 1 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you