Create a JQL Filter that would show current Sprint and future Sprint but not closed sprints

Richard Bossenko February 8, 2023

Currently I have a JQL Filter that shows futureSprints().

When I create a Dashboard, I would only like to see my current sprint and future sprints but not sprints that have already been closed. 

The issue is that if there are tasks has been bounced around in sprints then it will show all sprints where tasks have been bounced around:
 sprint.png
I am using this filter JQL: 

Sprint in futureSprints() and assignee in (62..) 

I tried using something along the lines of: 

Sprint in (openSprints(), futureSprints()) AND Sprint not in closedSprints() 

But this Filter removes the Task that is in current Sprint because it was also displayed in previous Sprints. 

Is there any other field I could use to not show the previous Sprints in my Dashboard but also show the Tasks that are in current sprint/upcoming sprints but they were also present in previous sprints.

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2023

Hi @Richard Bossenko and welcome to the Community!

Have you tried just the following:

Sprint in openSprints()

Hope this helps!

Richard Bossenko February 8, 2023

Hey,

Thank you for the answer but it seems it still displays previous sprints if there is an open ticket that has been dragged from previous sprints in Dashboard. 

Also one of the requirements would be to display the future sprints.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2023

Okay @Richard Bossenko,

Then the following should do the trick:

Sprint in (opensprints(), futureSprints())

Yes, an issue that was in a previous sprint is displayed, but that is because the issue was not yet completed in that sprint.

I am getting the feeling that there may be something wrong with your expectations here. The filter is returning issues, not sprints. The filter - as mentioned here - just returns issues that belong to a sprint that has not been completed yet (either the current sprint or the upcoming ones).

Gideon Nieuwoudt May 21, 2023

[deleted as my context was wrong]

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events