Count story into completed velocity before Done

Adelia B October 22, 2019

Is there a way to include certain statuses as Completed in the velocity chart?
Our goal is to have the stories pass QA during the sprint, the UAT stages can be done after the sprint.

So we want to count stories that pass the QA status into Completed velocity even though they're not in the Done column yet.

If there's a way to this, will those stories still be moved the next sprint? We still want them to appear on the board but not as committed points anymore.

Also, does it still apply that:

• There's still no way to view more than 7 sprints in the velocity chart?
  • There's still no way to view average velocity?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2019

An issue must be in the last column of the board to be defined as "done", and "done" is what Burn-down and velocity work from.

It sounds like you want to measure the velocity of the development team separately, without taking account of the whole cycle of an issue.   I am not sure if you want QA separated out from development (I'd recommend keeping it in - multi-functional team etc), but I would absolutely want to move UAT out, as the team often can't control that.

The simple way to do it is simply map UAT into "done" along with Completed.

No indeed, we DON'T want to keep QA separate. We want to keep UAT separate.

But we still want to see the UAT lanes on the board. if we map UAT statuses to Done, we won't be able to see UAT lanes anymore..

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2019

But you want to count them as "done", so they need to be in "done".  It's a very simple question - are they done or not?

I suspect you need to track UAT separately from the rest of the work, in which case you don't need things in UAT on the developer board.

(I'm not sure what you mean by "lanes" - do you mean swimlanes?)

Yes, by lanes I meant the swimlanes.

Yeah if there's no way to categorize status as Completed then I need to create separate boards for dev and UAT.

Thanks Nic

Suggest an answer