Copying Fields from one issue to another

Aaron Coonce December 2, 2022

-In project A I have a single issue picker field that links to project B.
-In both project A and B I have a "Site POC" and a "Site Address" field (utilizes same custom field ID)
-Project A has these fields blank
-Project B has information in these fields

Once I link an Issue from the Issue picker field I would like Site POC and Site Address to update on Project A utilizing the data from the linked issue on project B.

I have tried using Automation for this but cannot seem to get it to work. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aaron Coonce December 6, 2022

@Darryl Lee 

Thank you for the response! Jira server is what I am utilizing! I was able to accomplish this using automation for Jira! I had to break the rule apart. First, to link the issue, then to update it based on the linked issue! I appreciate the response

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2022

Glad this worked for you Aaron - do you think you could click on the "Accept Answer" button? Thank you!

Aaron Coonce December 8, 2022

Accepted thank you for the reminder!

0 votes
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2022

Hi @Aaron Coonce 

If you are using Automation for Jira (and is this on Server where you would have to pay for it or Cloud, where it is included?), can you please post a screenshot of the rule you have tried so we might be able to see where things are going wrong?

Because this should be pretty straightforward.

We'd want to see what your Trigger is, whether your rule is scoped to both Project A and B, and what actions you are using. That should all be available in the Automation configuration with a few screenshots.

Suggest an answer