Connect to JIRA but Queries always empty

Brian Kotek April 16, 2012

I have the latest version of the Eclipse Connector for Eclipse 3.7 installed (3.0.4.v20120406). I am querying against a JIRA 4.4.5 server. I can log into JIRA via my browser and search using an ad-hoc search or using a saved search and see my tickets. However, when I create a query via Eclipse, I make the connection successfully, see all the fields and values, as well as my saved searches. But whether I build a custom query or choose one of my saved queries that Eclipse lists for me, I get no query results in the Task View. The query is there, it just has no children.

I have tried everything I can think of (ungrouping subtasks, showing complete tasks, etc.) but nothing changes. I can even query using criteria that absolutely have associated tickets (like all open issues for any project) but the Task View still shows an empty query.

I've been using the Eclipse plugin for months and this just suddenly started happening, so I have idea what might be happening. No errors are reported in the Eclipse error log. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2012

Actually it should report an error in the Eclipse log. If there is nothing it means that there is a bug. I have raised an issue https://studio.atlassian.com/browse/PLE-1352.

0 votes
Brian Kotek April 16, 2012

Thanks, Jacek. Looking at the raw XML I found there was an exception in the middle of the content and I have let the server admins know about it.

So while this seems to be resolved, I'd be curious to ask if you know why the Eclipse plugin doesn't give any indication that the XML couldn't be parsed?

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2012

Hi Brian,

Let's try to answer following questions:

• Has anything changed on your JIRA side? Changed permissions, upgrade or anything else?
  • Can you try to list your issues in JIRA Issue Navigator and then click View | XML? Can you see valid xml containing list of issues?
  • Can you try the older Connector version (e.g. 3.0.2)?

Best,

Jacek

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2012

Hi Brian,

Let's try to answer following questions:

• Has anything changed on your JIRA side? Changed permissions, upgrade or anything else?
  • Can you try to list your issues in JIRA Issue Navigator and then click View | XML? Can you see valid xml containing list of issues?
  • Can you try the older Connector version (e.g. 3.0.2)?

Best,

Jacek

Suggest an answer