Clearing the value of multiselect field using automation for JIra

Pratibha Tambakad November 30, 2022

I have two fields called 'Country specificity' & 'Region' and if Country specificity is set to Global in Edit screen the I need to clear the value of multi select field 'Region' using Automation for JIra.

Tried to achieve it using 'Edit Issue'  Action and didn't worked .please help me achieve this

2 answers

0 votes
Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2022

Hi @Pratibha Tambakad 

If you use edit issue action, select the field but let it empty it will clear the field values.

Regards 

Hamza Chundrigar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2022

Yep, this also works.

I tested both {{clear}} smart values and left the field empty in automation, and both had the same outcome which cleared out the custom multi-select field values.

Hey Bonneic & Chundrigar,

Requirement is quiet different here if you select the 'Country specificity' field value then Region field value should clear. I am not editing the field 'Region'. Region should work based on Country specificity field selection

0 votes
Hamza Chundrigar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2022

Hi @Pratibha Tambakad 

For your Edit Issue action try using the smart value: {{clear}}

image.png

Let me know if that works!

Best regards,
Hamza

I have tried using automation rules and in Edit issue action we can pass only json.

I am sharing the screenshot, automation rules.PNGCould you help me to pass the smart value to Region field to clear the values

Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

You do not need to add anything, it should work the way you configured it.

It's wrote, this field will be cleared.

Regards 

Suggest an answer