Change estimation setting is not under configure?

thakidd04 May 10, 2021

I've tried following the documentation for modifying estimation but the option just doesn't exist. 

MC-Ledger-Details-Jira.png

I tried checking my account status to add the permission or something but it says ive never signed in.... while being sign in... 

Administration1.png

I am at a loss, any help would be appreciated

2 answers

8 votes
Lex Kovalenko _Appfire_ May 13, 2021

Hi @thakidd04 

If you're using Next-Gen project type (Team managed project), try navigating to Project settings -> Features and enable Estimation: image.png

This will enable you to estimate in Story Points. 

There is no standard approach to the T-shirt sizing in Jira, but you can create a custom field to support this. Navigate to Project settings -> Issue types and add a Dropdown custom field to User Stories or other issue types. 

I also recommend you checking out Agile Poker for Jira Cloud since the app supports both Story Points and T-Shirt sizing out of the box. 

thakidd04 May 13, 2021

I already enabled that option before I made the ticket. I will check that plugin out as well ty. 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

That documentation is actually for server. Moreover it’s associated with what’s called classic or company managed projects in cloud. Your images illustrate that you were using team managed project which is also known as next-gen. So those instructions simply do not apply. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

thakidd04 May 12, 2021

I would like to set story points to t shirt sizing of possible or Fibonacci if not. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events