Change Default Assignee

Tomasz Szadziul October 24, 2018

Hello All,

how to change Default Assignee w next-gen Project settings?

best regards

Tomasz

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2018

Hi @Tomasz Szadziul - it's possible to add a rule to set an assignee upon transition an issue to a new status. Manage Rules is available in the top right meatball on the board view. Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Tomasz Szadziul October 29, 2018

Hi Ryan,
thank you very much for your respond. It works!

Cheers,
Tomasz

Elena Casanova December 3, 2018

This did not work for me.  I was not able to generate new tickets with an assignee based on the rule.  Even though new tasks are assigned to-do status, the rule I set up only works when an issue is moved from "to-do" to "in-progress" and then back to "to-do".  I need all new issues to be created with myself as the assignee. How can I achieve this?

Like # people like this
Emily Jarvis February 5, 2019

@Eoin The rules only work when an issue is transitioned in the workflow, it's not for creating new issues. Can you please help us get that implemented? That's a huge missing feature that's available in the standard projects. Thanks.

Like Eoin likes this
Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2019

Hi @Emily Jarvis We will be doing another iteration of workflows and rules in next-gen projects in the future where this will become possible. Although this is not something on our short to medium term roadmap for now. Apologies for the inconvenience in the mean time

Cheers

Eoin

Arthur Edmund February 24, 2019

@Emily Jarvis can you re-prioritize bringing this functionality to Next-Gen?  I will have to roll back to an older version without it.

Like PK likes this
Emily Jarvis February 25, 2019

@Arthur Edmund I think you meant to tag @Eoin I'm not an employee of Atlassian. :)

Arthur Edmund February 25, 2019

Whoops! @Eoin can you provide a eta on this? Without it I may have to roll back. 

Eoin
Atlassian Team
March 3, 2019

Sorry for the delay @Arthur Edmund . It's unlikely to happen in the near term - I would recommend if this is a blocker for you to move back to classic. We can update this thread when we do get to this - apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

elenushhh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2019

@Elena Casanova I'm also trying to figure that out, and I don't think that is a rule for this, because the rules apply only on task transition. So the only thing you can do for now, is to assign the issue on yourself in the moment you are creating it. 

For example: I set the next columns for my next-gen test project:

To do (unassigned tasks because I will assign them to a specific developer to work on it)

In progress ( no rule, the task remain assign to the person you assign in To Do)

In review - set a rule to assign the tasks in this column to the person who is making the reviews

Check Dev - set a rule to assign the task in this column to myself for example

Testing Ok  - set a rule to assign the task to the person who will push the tasks further.

Also, I've seen the possibility to add multiple tasks ( but for me is not working, the + sign to add directly on the board is missing maybe it's a bug that needs to be fixed) and those tasks will be assign to different users. so maybe this is why can not be set any rule for that.

I'm a newbie so I hope my comment will help you, if not, hope it won't confused you either :), it's my first day "testing" the new next-gen project. 

Good luck ! 

2 votes
Shachar Iphraimov March 31, 2020

Default Assignee in next-gen Project settings
It's free and does exactly what we need.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222170/classic-settings-for-next-gen-projects?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

0 votes
Raphaël Wais January 23, 2020

Hi, just encountered the issue, I can see the feature was not short-termed a year ago, are there any news about it ?

Thanks !

Ralf Wrześniewski January 29, 2020

+1 on that? Very basic feature, much needed!

Suggest an answer