Certain icons from aui-experimental-iconfont aren't loaded.

Deleted user July 1, 2013

I define the com.atlassian.auiplugin:aui-experimental-iconfont in atlassian-plugin.xml to use some default JIRA icons. However some icons aren't loaded, like aui-iconfont-remove-label or aui-iconfont-edit. In JIRA 6 all icons are loaded successfully but in JIRA 5 just some of them.

Any solution or suggestion?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sean Curtis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2013

Hi Diogo,

The iconfont is a brand new component and we're adding icons to it constantly. I'm guessing the icon you are after isn't in the iconfont bundled with the version of JIRA you're looking at. If you really need access to the icon you can run the risk of backporting the iconfont from a newer version of AUI. If you do this you'll need to do the following:

1. Download the latest version of AUI.
  2. Copy the iconfont files out and rename them namespaced to your plugin, eg fooplugin-atlassian-iconfont.ttf
  3. Copy the iconfont css file
  4. Rename the font-face declaration so that the font family is "Fooplugin Atlassian Icons"
  5. Change all the class names to be prefixed with your plugin namespace like the font files, fooplugin-aui-iconfont-edit
  6. Change the font-family in this new iconfont css file to point to your newly created font.
  7. Provide that CSS file, and the font files in your plugin

You're essentially backporting the font and namespacing it to your plugin. Ensure you do change all the namespaces otherwise you will run the risk of breaking icons used in JIRA or other plugins. You can use conditions to ensure this backported CSS file is only included when you're running a particular version of JIRA (eg unecessary in JIRA 6).

Hope this helps.

Sean

Alexej Geldt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2014

@Sean

Im trying to get sortable table running in JIRA 5.1 according to this documentation

Ive defined in atlassian-plugin.xml web-resource section of my plugin

<dependency>com.atlassian.auiplugin:aui-experimental-table-sortable</dependency>

then in velocity template

${webResourceManager.requireResourcesForContext("my-plugin-resource-key")}

all my resources (css, js, images) are getting loaded, but the webResourceManager complains that it can't find the reousrce for sortable table.

[atlassian.plugin.webresource.DefaultResourceDependencyResolver] Cannot find web resource module for: com.atlassian.auiplugin:aui-experimental-table-sortable

Do you have a clue why?

Sean Curtis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2014

Alexej,

JIRA 5.1 didn't ship with AUI 5.1 - it comes with AUI 3.7 which doesn't contain the sortable table component. You'll need a more recent version of JIRA in order to get that (6.1 probably).

Alternatively you can grab the files from AUI and "backport" them by including them in your plugin. This can be risky and may not have all the required dependencies.

Hope this helps.

Sean

Alexej Geldt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2014

@Sean Curtis

JIRA 5.1 didn't ship with AUI 5.1 - it comes with AUI 3.7 which doesn't contain the sortable table component.

Ah, i see. This is quite confusing, AUI Documentation says available since 5.1. One might easily think that its refering to JIRA Version.

You'll need a more recent version of JIRA in order to get that (6.1 probably).

Well, our customer is using JIRA 5.1, we cannot migrate to 6.1 right away just to get the tables sortable.

Alternatively you can grab the files from AUI and "backport" them by including them in your plugin. This can be risky and may not have all the required dependencies.

Hope this helps.

This is intresting. Are you saying, that it might be possible to have sortable tables working in JIRA 5.1 anyway by upgrading AUI withing the scope of the plugin? Did i undestrand you right, all you have to do is to copy the AUI files in your own plugin? How can i find out which files are required for that?

0 votes
Trupti Kanase July 3, 2014

Hii @Sean Curtis,

I want to use "Font Awesome Icons" in my plugin.Can you please tell me where to copy the iconfont files(ttf,woff,eot) in my plugin. & how to call that files in css.

I tried the same by putting all those font files inside font folder & putting the font folder in CSS folder

but it is throwing foll error.

GET http://localhost:1990/confluence/s/en_GB-1988229788/4732/NOCACHE1/2…es/myPlugin:icon-editor/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff?v=4.0.3404 (Not Found):1990/confluence/s/en_GB-1988229788/4732/NOCACHE1/2.0.1/_/download/resources/myPlugin:icon-editor/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff?v=4.0.3:

Thanks.

0 votes
Sean Curtis
Atlassian Team
July 7, 2013

Hi Diogo,

The iconfont is a brand new component and we're adding icons to it constantly. I'm guessing the icon you are after isn't in the iconfont bundled with the version of JIRA you're looking at. If you really need access to the icon you can run the risk of backporting the iconfont from a newer version of AUI. If you do this you'll need to do the following:

1. Download the latest version of AUI.
  2. Copy the iconfont files out and rename them namespaced to your plugin, eg fooplugin-atlassian-iconfont.ttf
  3. Copy the iconfont css file
  4. Rename the font-face declaration so that the font family is "Fooplugin Atlassian Icons"
  5. Change all the class names to be prefixed with your plugin namespace like the font files, fooplugin-aui-iconfont-edit
  6. Change the font-family in this new iconfont css file to point to your newly created font.
  7. Provide that CSS file, and the font files in your plugin

You're essentially backporting the font and namespacing it to your plugin. Ensure you do change all the namespaces otherwise you will run the risk of breaking icons used in JIRA or other plugins. You can use conditions to ensure this backported CSS file is only included when you're running a particular version of JIRA (eg unecessary in JIRA 6).

Hope this helps.

Sean

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events