Cannot log in my new Jira

Pavel Mráz February 16, 2021

I wanted to try Jira for the first time for our team to decide if it will be suitable tool for us, but the account says when I try to log from email or via my account this:

We couldn’t log you in

You may run into this issue when you use specific browsers or add-ons that hide the referer header for id.atlassian.com and other Atlassian sites. Check for these and then try logging in again.

Do anyone have experience with that and know, how to solve this quickly. I have only few days to decide whether we will use Jira or other software. 

Thank you.

Pavel M.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 16, 2021

Hi Pavel and welcome,

Have you tried to login from a different browser or computer? What about if someone with a working account try to log in into Jira using your computer or the other way around?

Also, try to contact the site administrator to see if you account is still active within the site.

Regards

Pavel Mráz February 17, 2021

Thank you Jack for your advice. 

I have tried it in Anonymous window and it works. Unfortunatelly in the normal window of Google Chrome it does not work and I do not understand why. I am an admin in both Jira boards (the second one I have created by mistake when the first one stop working) and I am logged in with my Business Google account. It shows me, when I am logged in by it, that I can go to both boards, but when I enter the main Jira board, which I want to use, it logs me out. I do not understand why, since in the anonymous window it works.

I have erased all cookies from my computer and it did not helpe either. It is a mystery for me.

As an admin, I need to be able to change things in the Jira. And when I try to check on the settings of the administratior (which am I), it says that I have not sufficient privileges to log on as this user, which is happening also in the anonymour window. (But I am the same user, which is logged in)

I am very confused, what is happening though. I case, that you will have a suggestion how can I start working with it in my Google chrome, where I work with all other apps such as Trello, Gmail, Slack etc. it will be very helpful.

Thank you.

Like G subramanyam likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events