Can we make changes to the create button in jira server?

Shubhangi Misra November 2, 2020

I want to fetch IP address of the client who clicks on the create button of jira server and creates an issue. I know the code of fetching IP address but don't know how to integrate it with jira. 

Please help.

2 answers

0 votes
Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2020

There is no bullet proof way to do it safely and automatically . Let the user enter their own IP Address. If the users are non-technical, link the documentation on the create mask. 

Assuming you are working in an enterprise environment and.....

this is a life or death situation for you, write a script to find the ip and create Jira ticket with this information over the REST API and distribute this script to all PCs. Instruct your users to create tickets with the script and edit the other fields in the next transition.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2020

I would suggest adding a custom field and capturing it that way instead of editing the JAR file.  There are several apps that allow for this or you can use this solution https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Capture-local-ip-address-and-store-it-in-a-custom-field-at-the/qaq-p/32401

Suggest an answer