Can we enable Roadmaps in version Jira v8.13.3

Pam Farmer March 26, 2021

All throughout the Jira reference materials, it states roadmaps are available for all Jira.  I was searched everywhere but can not figure out how to enable the feature.  Please provide instructions.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2021

Hello @Pam Farmer 

Welcome to the community.

What reference materials are you looking at specifically? Are they for JIRA Server or JIRA Cloud?

It appears that this is a feature that is only available in JIRA Cloud, as per https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-19614

There was a product called Advanced Roadmaps for JIRA Server that appears to be getting discontinued.

You can probably find alternative roadmap apps in the Atlassian Marketplace.

h

Pam Farmer March 26, 2021

Thanks for responding so quickly.

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2021

Hi @Pam Farmer,

Roadmaps is only available on the Cloud Platform. Advanced Roadmaps (formerly known as Portfolio for Jira) is now bundled with Data Center and is no longer available as a marketplace application for Server.

Server customers that previously had an Advanced Roadmaps license will continue to be able to use it and receive support for it (although there will be no more feature updates) but it will not be possible to buy a new license for it. The only options now to use Advanced Roadmaps are to upgrade to either Data Center or Cloud.

However, Advanced Roadmaps is definitely not being discontinued as @Trudy Claspill suggested (except as a marketplace application for Server)

Regards,

Dave

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2021

@Dave 

Thank you for the clarification.

I should've included a link for the document from which I was getting information.

I was referring to the following document, from which I inferred that for JIRA Server the product was effectively being discontinued based on the EOL statement therein. I should've clarified on what I was basing that statement. And note that I did say "for JIRA Server". I was not making a claim about the product for JIRA Data Center.

https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/jira-advanced-roadmaps#advanced-roadmaps-for-jira-server

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 1.52.46 PM.png

Like Dave likes this
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2021

Apologies @Trudy Claspill  - you're quite right that you did say Server in your response, I think however that some people still interpret "Server" as being any on-premise, self-hosted offering and I just wanted to make sure that this was clear. I didn't mean to cause any offence in my response,

Regards,

Dave

Pritesh Jagani May 26, 2021

So we upgraded jira software server on prem - to data center but I don't see any option on enabling this feature? could you please help? we are on 8.9.0 version.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2021

According to this document it is bundled in Data Center v8.15 and newer. If you are running an older version, you still have to manually install it on your instance.

Suggest an answer