Can't uninstall jira addon

Halil Uzun
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 8, 2023

Hi,

I recently installed an app from the market place to my Jira Site. The app has a 30-day-free-trial.

After testing it I wanted to delete it since I also realized it integrated into my tickets etc. Now I'm not able to see my time estimations and previous work logs.

That's why I tried uninstalling the addon within the addon management section. The Uninstall button was greyed out and telling me I have to cancel my subscription first. So I cancelled my subscription but which still runs for another 29 days (since it's a 30 days trial).

I tried to deactivate the addon within the addon itself but couldn't find anything like that (btw. it's this app: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/6572/timesheets-by-tempo-jira-time-tracking?tab=overview&hosting=cloud)

Is there any way for a non-programmer to force the uninstallment of this app?

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 vote
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2023

Hi @Halil Uzun ,

If the uninstall Button is still missing from the managed apps page for that add-on, then need to contact Atlassian support. For on-prem systems, you can clear cache and usually solves this issue. However, since you are on cloud, you will probably need assistance from the Support team.

To raise a ticket, go here:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

-Ben

Eddie March 20, 2023

I have the same problem and the Uninstall button is there but is greyed out and I can't click on it. Now, however, this app (Risk Manager) stops me from using Jira, as I get this error every time: 

Failed to create an item. 

Duplicate key: CustomFieldIdAndType{id=10058,typeKey=com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-connect-plugin:com-softcomply-riskmanager-cloud_probability-final}

Please help!

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2023

Hi @Eddie Shell ,

Your case is probably different depending if both you and the original post get the same error message.

You may be able to use this article to troubleshoot your issue:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/duplicate-key-error-in-jira-server-on-creating-issue-via-rest-api-or-accessing-custom-fields-page-in-jira-872016885.html

You'll need to find where is the offending key and remove it. 

-Ben

Eddie March 20, 2023

Hi @Benjamin

Thank you for the prompt response. Unfortunately I am not as technical as I used to be so I am not sure how to use the REST API in Jira. Is there a less technical way to isolate the problem?

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2023

Unfortunately, this needs to be done via DB query or API. It would not available in the UI as this is a system admin troubleshooting issue. Also, the issue like this are not easily apparent in the UI and actually the issue is rooted at the backend where the data is stored.

If you have a DB admin that you can contact in your org, that would be the best approach. All you need to give them is the queries from the page to do the query.

-Ben

Eddie March 22, 2023

Thanks Ben. All good now - logged a ticket with Jira support and they helped me to uninstall the Risk Manager app.

Like Benjamin likes this
0 votes
Hala ElRoumy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2024

Hi everyone,

If the uninstall button is grayed out, it could indicate that your cloud instance is using Atlassian’s new cloud billing engine, resulting in changes to how app subscriptions are managed.

To uninstall an app, you need to follow these steps:

• Click on the Manage Subscription button.
  • You will be redirected to the Billing page for your cloud instance.
  • Cancel the subscription for this add-on.

The app subscription will be canceled and scheduled for deletion after the cancellation period of 30 days.

If you would like to immediately delete the subscription and not wait for the cancellation period, please contact our billing team where they can immediately delete the app subscription upon your request.

For more details, please check this KB: Can't uninstall apps after cancellation 

Thanks,
Hala ElRoumy.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events