Can sub-tasks inherit the values when epic field changes?

Jar Lady April 16, 2024

I have epic, story, task and sub-task auto created by automation rule. I can update the assignees field (people field) for sub task when they are changed at epic lvl. However if i try to update a custom field (A) that is of free text/dropdown, it doesnt get updated for sub task. Why is that so? Is that a limitation of jira automation rule?

2 answers

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2024

Hi @Jar Lady 

It should work; could you share how your rule looks at present, so we can advise further? :)

Ste

Jar Lady April 16, 2024

Hi Stephen,

This is my rule. I tried both Copy Guidelines from Current/Trigger issue also no use. 

update sub-tasks.png

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2024

Hi Lady,

It should work the same. Can you share the rule? Are you updating both fields at the same time? 

Jar Lady April 16, 2024

Hi John,

This is my rule. I tried both Copy Guidelines from Current/Trigger issue also no use. 

update sub-tasks.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2024

You should definitely use Copy from Trigger Issue. 

Can you share the rule for copying Assignee which you said worked? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events