Can I see the result of a query in the past?

Alfonso Fornell January 9, 2018

Hi everybody. Good morning,

I'm sorry for the redundancy of the explanation of the question. My goal is that does not exists any doubt.

I want the follow:

Do a query attacking the issues history to see the result that I would see if I were in the past.

For exemple:

On December 22, I make a filter and the result is 5 issues: 4 TO DO and 1 IN PROGRESS.

Today, if I use the same filter, the result is the same 5 issues but with different status: 3 HALTED and 2 IN PROGRESS.

I want to see today (January 9) the result of the query of December 22nd.

I want to have the possibility to make a query but seeing the result that it would show in past dates although the current state is different. Is not necessary that the content of the issues change. Is only to do a query.

Is it possible?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Note: Is not enough for me see the issues that they have suffer changes and see the current status.

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2018

Hi Alfonso,

It is not possible to make a query return the results it would have returned in the past. That would only had been made possible by creating a Jira backup on that date and restore a testing Jira instance from it.

However, it is possible to get all issues that were on a certain status on a specified date with a JQL like this:

status was "To Do" ON 2017-12-22

Note that you can also check the issue historical data by clicking on the 'All' (or Transition, if you are looking just for Status changes) tab from the Activity panel in the issue detail view:

activity.png

You have more options at your disposal for returning issues that had certain data in the past, which are those fields which support the CHANGED or WAS operators.

Hope it helps.

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2018

Hello,

It is not possible out of the box.

Suggest an answer