Can I change the status to Testing for a Sub Task?

Vanessa Milburn August 6, 2014

I have a small work request issue and have created 4 sub tasks against it so i can track the releases of work i have planned against it.

Initially I found that i created teh sub task as an estimate sub task so have closed these (was not able to delete them) and worked out how to create just a sub task but this is sitting in requirements within my dashboard.

I have tried converting the sub task to an issue, moving the issue into test staus and then converting the issue to a sub task but it revered back to status of in progress and is sitting in requirements phase.

Does any one know how i can change the status of this sub task so i can move it through the small work issue phases of requirements, design, build, test, release & warranty

thanks !!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2014

It sounds like your sub-tasks are associated with a workflow that does not include the status you need, or that you don't have the rights to transition the issue into it.

Start by using the "view workflow" option under the status in the main issue-view of the sub-task - that will tell you what flow the sub-task is following.

You'll need to talk to your administrators if there's something here that needs to be changed to enable your sub-task to move into the right status

(As for the delete of issues, that's controlled by permissions on the project - again, you'll need to talk to an admin to investigate that)

Vanessa Milburn August 6, 2014

Great - thanks Nic. Have emailed our Admin team to see if they can let me know if they can either update the workflow status or confirm if i am using sub tasks incorrectly as designed by CBA.

While your there - do you know how i accept the answer! The link i have is going to a page not found. https://answers.atlassian.com/accept_answer/323366/

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2014

There should be a simple tick to the left of the "cat on a railway track" image I use for an avatar (it's a lot prettier than any mug-shot of me, and I talk about cats and trains far too much, so it seemed appropriate)

Suggest an answer