Can I add existing Epics to a Roadmap or only create new Epics.

Craig Hughes September 3, 2020

I just turned on Roadmap and would like to surface existing Epics. Is that possible

3 answers

2 votes
Darja Odorovska September 25, 2020

Found a way!!!

Roadmap is linked to "Board filter". The same way as backlog is linked to board. So now it makes three of them, where tickets are visible only by "Board filter" configuration - Board, Backlog, Roadmap.

- If you configured your board filter in a way that so you dont see Epics there, nothing will be displayed in Roadmap. 

Solution:

1)Go to Board configuration (Board/3 dots on the right top corner/Board Settings/General
 - Make sure that board filter allows Epics to be displayed

2)If still doesn't want to see Epics on the Board/Backlog switch on Epic panel mode
 - Board/3 dots on the right top corner/Board Settings/Columns/Epic panel (green/switched on)

P.S. Atlassian, please refresh the info stating that Roadmap Beta is available in Classic project now (can be switched on in Board Settings/Roadmap) and please update Roadmap doc info stating super important condition explained above, so users can have their exiting Epics in the roadmap.

Thank You!

Sukumar September 25, 2020

Wow! sounds so obvious now.. but didn't see anywhere that the same filter is to applied to Roadmap as well. 

You are awesome! Thank you so much!!

zosimovaa November 21, 2020

Oh thanks! I've spent a lot of time figuring out the root cause of the problem.

Thank you very much!

0 votes
Sukumar September 9, 2020

I have same problem. Roadmap is not showing any epics that are already in the project. I thought I saw them very first time I accessed roadmap. I don't see it anymore. Is there any explicit setting to enable this? 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2020

Hi Craig, I enabled for one of my test projects just to observe what it did. It appears to have pulled in all existing epic in that project. It seems you are experiencing something different? Are talking Classic project here or NG?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events