CSV import - original estimate

Natia Chincharauli January 24, 2022

Hey Team,

I am trying to create issues from CSV with original estimate time included. (See picture 1 below) Tried to insert in 30m/30 minutes/30/1800 formats and none of it worked. When an issue is uploaded, original estimate stays 0 minutes. (See pic 2)

Can you please, assist?

Pic1Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 14.46.52.png

Pic2

Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 14.48.20.png

7 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

Hi @Natia Chincharauli 

Original estimate value needs to be specified as second.

I guess you properly match the original estimate field within import wizard. Did you have a chance to investigate detailed log file which becomes available after import process? 

Also please take a look: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/import-data-from-a-csv-file/

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

Hi @Natia Chincharauli 

You should be able to import the issue with the Original Estimate. You should input the value in seconds

Here's the reference (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/import-data-from-a-csv-file)

11.png

This is the page we get while importing

12.png

Sample CSV File

Summary,Issue key,Status,Original Estimate
Issue 2,PT-2,Done,3600

Thanks,
Pramodh

Natia Chincharauli January 24, 2022

Thanks Pramodh, 

the problem persists since there is no specified time frame when I map original estimate. For 3600 value (which should be 1 hours) is uploaded as one minute in jira. Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 16.42.48.pngScreenshot 2022-01-24 at 16.48.46.png

Like # people like this
Filippo December 8, 2022

This bug persists. 72000 seconds is converted as 20 minutes rather than 20 hours.

Like # people like this
dmitriy_landa January 3, 2023

The issue still there

Like # people like this
Praful Sonarkar February 6, 2023

I am also facing the same issue. not able to import stories with estimations. This defeat the purpose the having import feature, if I still need to go to each story and put the estimations manually.

Like # people like this
Shane Perry May 10, 2023

This is still an issue. I had an original estimate of 1800 seconds and 900 seconds for two tasks, and they are being interpreted as 0 minutes instead of 30 and 15. When I tried a larger value, such as 18000, interestingly, that converted correctly into 5 hours.

Like # people like this
Neil Jones
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 11, 2023

Why this issue is still not resolved is pathetic! I cannot see the original estimate field in my import at all.

Like Francois Meurisse likes this
5 votes
Dean Ritchie May 22, 2023

Still seeing this issue. Terrible work around, multiply by an additional 60 to turn your minutes into hours. 

So If I want a 2 Day estimate the math is: 2 Days * 8 Hours * 60 Minutes * 60 Seconds * 60 JIRA TIME = 3456000 JIRA Seconds. 

I'm sure one day it'll be fixed and suddenly everything will be 60X too long, but we'll see. 

Steve Bell June 10, 2023

Just verified this today, thank you for the terrible workaround. I did really enjoy the "* 60 JIRA TIME" though.

Like # people like this
Alexander Kravchenko June 13, 2023

@Dean Ritchiethank you! You helped me solve this problem!

Like # people like this
Ariel Ramos July 17, 2023

@Dean Ritchie Yeey!!! This has been bugging me for hours now. Thank you very much for sharing the solution~ 😊

Edit: And it looks like everything changes again 😑. It looks like there's no longer a need for an additional "Jira Time" for importing CSV. Back to what it should suppose to, I guess.

Like Dean Ritchie likes this
0 votes
Dhananjay Kale January 3, 2024

We are also facing the same issue (JIRA DC v9.4.10).

Values for Original Estimate are

4320 Seconds ==> 72 minutes ==> 1 Hours, 12 Minutes

2880 Seconds ==> 48 minutes ==> 0 Hours, 48 Minutes

7200 Seconds ==> 120 minutes ==> 2 Hours, 0 Minutes

When we import issues through (as JIRA Administrator) Administration >> System >> External System Import >> CSV import, the values are imported correctly

4320 Seconds ==> 1 Hours, 12 Minutes

2880 Seconds ==> 0 Hours, 48 Minutes

7200 Seconds ==> 2 Hours, 0 Minutes

But when we import issues through (as Non-JIRA Administrator) Issues >> Import Issues from CSV, the values are NOT imported correctly

4320 Seconds ==> 1 Hours, 0 Minutes

2880 Seconds ==> 0 Hours, 0 Minutes

7200 Seconds ==> 2 Hours, 0 Minutes

We tried to multiply them by 60 but the they are imported as

1 week 4 days

1 week 1 day

3 weeks

Any resolution for this bug?

-DJ

Slim ALOUI
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 4, 2024

1 day (8hours of work) x = 1728000

If you want to have 1h then x/8= 216000

if you want 12h then it's 1 day and 2 hours so : x + 0,25*x = 2 160 000

0 votes
Neal Anderson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 27, 2023

I too ran into the need to use an extra Jira Seconds multiplier of 60 to get a proper number of "seconds" loaded into the OrigEst field, to show properly as my target number of hours in my tasks.

Then... I added Story Points to my CSV file, so I'm loading both OrigEst and StoryPoints. When doing this, I noted that my OrigEst hours were now off, too large by a factor of 60. It's as though adding the Story Points into the CSV load process somehow corrected the calculation of seconds used in the OrigEst field. Weird...

0 votes
Rogerio Pellarin July 12, 2023

I would like to solve the issues in my software as Jira does: they removed the option to import the original estimated. When you find bugs, you delete them!! Easy busy!

0 votes
zacharoula_brinia May 18, 2023

Any update on the above issue?

Slim ALOUI
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 15, 2023

I still have the bug. just multiply by x60 after the number in seconds and it would be fine.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events